- 2017 Great American Cleanup (2/22/2017) - Join us on Saturday, April 1 from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM for FREE electronics recycling and paper shredding/recycling.
- The 2017 Great American Cleanup (3/4/2016) - The Great American Cleanup (GAC) will be held Saturday, April 30, 2016. Volunteers will be cleaning their designated areas of the community then meeting at Timrod Park in Florence where teams turn in their clean up reports and enjoy a free lunch provided by Keep Florence Beautiful and its sponsors.
- Girls Scouts at today’s GAC! (3/28/2015) - These beautiful young ladies & their families came out today to participate in the Great American Cleanup! Thank you all for your service…you make your community proud! Also, a huge thanks to our volunteers and board members that came out today and worked hard ticclean up our areas;!we had an impressive turnout today. We […]
- Spring cleaning afoot in Florence; County expected to change litter code (3/25/2015) - BY GAVIN JACKSON Morning News | email@example.com | Posted Sunday March 22, 2015 FLORENCE, S.C. – Spring is in bloom and soon green foliage will hide most of the county’s litter problem that the bareness of winter annually reveals. But while some litter will be out of sight, it won’t be out of mind. Leaders say Florence County […]
- Watch Your Dead Tech Get Demolished at an E-Waste Recycling Plant (3/24/2015) - “When we stepped inside the facility, you could almost smell the circuitboard. All around us conveyor belts were transporting staggering heaps of electronics to and from shredders and sorters—from hard drives to old TVs, to medical devices, Macbooks, and printers. So many printers.” View More
- March 28, 2015 | Paper & e-Cycle Event (3/17/2015) - Need to have some documents shredded and recycled? Wondering what to do with your old electronics? Paper shredding and e waste collection will be available on Saturday, March 28 at Timrod Park from 10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon during The 2015 Great American Cleanup Thanks to Palmettto Secure Document Destruction and Best Buy for their service […]
- Save Your Ink Cartridges (8/14/2013) - KFB has teamed up with TerraCycle® to collect and recycle all inkjet and select toner cartridges. TerraCycle creates waste collection programs called Brigades for items that are typically difficult to recycle or not recyclable at all. Points are awarded for each item collected and each point is worth $0.01. Funds earned will be used to […]
- Florence County to hold Hazardous Household Waste Collections for Residents (3/25/2013) - Published Mar 25, 2013 – http://www.cityofflorence.com Florence County will hold Hazardous Household Waste Collection days for residents as follows: Saturday, April 13, 2013 – 10am – 4pm, in the old Wal-Mart parking lot, 230 Kelley Street in Lake City. Saturday, April 20, 2013 – 10am – 4pm, in the old Winn-Dixie parking lot, 1611 South Irby Street, […]
- Cardboard Now Accepted With City’s Curbside Recycling Collection (2/25/2013) - Effective January 25, 2013 the City of Florence will now accept cardboard with their curbside recycling program. Please read their News Release for complete details and guidelines for cardboard collection. If you have questions about your City of Florence Sanitation services, please conact the Public Works Department at (843) 665-3236, Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.