In its 16th year as an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, the Keep Florence Beautiful Board of Directors, along with individuals, churches, nonprofit organizations, political organizations, businesses and schools, join hands in cleaning up Florence and ridding streets and neighborhoods of debris and trash.
The Great American Cleanup (GAC) will be held Saturday, April 30, 2016. Volunteers will be cleaning their designated areas of the community then meeting at Timrod Park in Florence where teams turn in their clean up reports and enjoy a free lunch provided by Keep Florence Beautiful and its sponsors.
In addition to the GAC, Keep Florence Beautiful has teamed up with Florence County Disabilities and Special Needs to collect paper at Timrod Park, to be recycled. The paper will be collected onsite then shredded at the AAA certified Palmetto Secure Document Destruction Facility. Best Buy will also be on hand to offer e-cycle. Funds and materials from the collection will be used to support beautification projects in the Florence Area.
WE NEED YOU TO HELP MAKE FLORENCE A CLEANER,
MORE BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO LIVE!
Follow the steps below to get involved:
- Gather Your Team – There is no minimum or maximum but we recommend at least two people.
- Choose A Location – Your block might be a good place to start. Let us know if you need help choosing a location.
- Sign Up – Download the GAC Packet. Complete the registration form for your team and an authorization form for each team member.
- Pick Up Supplies – Supplies will be available for pickup on April 20 from 6-8 PM at the Billy Jeffers Center at Timrod Park or by special appointment.
- Clean Up – Get out there and have fun. Don’t forget to send us your photos or post them to Facebook with #wearekfb
- Submit Your Report & Celebrate – Bring your cleanup report (found in the GAC Packet) to Timrod Park between 10 AM and Noon on April 30 and enjoy a free lunch as our thanks to you.
Keep Florence Beautiful.
Snap a photo of you & your team during your cleanup, share it using our hashtag and we will feature it on our website & social media pages!